Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China is inviting applications for MOFCOM Scholarship from international students. Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship. MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study. The application deadline is 15th June 2015.
Study Subject(s): Scholarship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by the Chinese university.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
Scholarship Provider: Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China
Scholarship can be taken at: China
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
-be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
-be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
-be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
-be under the age of 45 when applying;
-have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students (other than the People’s Republic of China) can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
What does it cover? Total offer is of:
-3000RMB per month per master student,
-3500RMB per month per PhD student;
-one-time round-trip international air tickets.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Scholarship winners will get the admission package from ECCO of the Chinese Embassy by the end of August, 2015.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
-Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship;
-Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy
-For more application instructions, please check Attachment I.
– Photocopy of highest diploma;
-Photocopy of academic transcripts;
-A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
-Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
-Note: Application documents (two sets of hardcopies) should be true and complete, and sent to ECCO of the Chinese Embassy before 15st June, 2015. No application documents will be returned regardless of the scholarship result.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th June 2015.
University of London and CareersGroup UK are offering free online course for students to learn to make effective career decisions and how to take control of your professional development.
This course is suitable for international students undertaking any form of study, regardless of academic discipline, interests or employment background.
About the Course
This MOOC or massoc open online course is not subject specific and therefore students from any discipline can join them.
This will be complementory to any additional course of they are taking at their home university.
This course will enable you to recognise your own strengths and skills and understand how to best articulate those preferences and achievements to future employers or academic institutions in the future.
Duration of Course: 6 weeks of study
Study Time Required: 3-6 hours/week
Certificate Available: Yes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the drivers behind your career preferences and choices
- Identify the skills which you can offer and know your current skills gaps
- Recognise opportunities for your career enhancement both within and beyond your current employer
- Summarise your achievements and skills in appropriate formats for future employers or academic institutions
- Perform effectively in a face-to-face encounter such as an interview or during a presentation
- Extend and make most effective use of your professional network both on and off line
Whichever stage you are at in your career development, you will learn more about yourself and how to manage your career in the future by joining us on this course!
Week One: What do you want? – Self Awareness
- What do you need from your career? Identifying and assessing careers values.
- Self-discovery or self-creation – where does your true career identity reside?
- Can you predict what will make you happy? Common problems in anticipating the future.
Week Two: What can you offer? – Skills Awareness
- Can you speak the secret language of skills? Evidence your achievements in a meaningful way.
- Making yourself instantly attractive. What skills are employers asking for?
- How can you build your skills? Education and experience – what’s the best investment?
Week Three: Are you ready to find success? – Career Readiness
- Are you open to opportunities? What behaviours increase your chances of getting lucky breaks?
- Are you using the right methods? Which ways of finding opportunities are right for you?
- Can you create your own job? Intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship.
Week Four: How do you express yourself? – Articulating Your Experiences
- Are you using the right medium for the message? CVs, portfolios and other ways of selling yourself.
- Your personal brand. What does your on-line profile say about you?
- Can you decode job descriptions? A step-by-step process for preparing better applications
Week Five: What impact do you make? – Making a Good Impression in Person
- Do interviews always have to be nerve-wracking? The secrets to interview confidence.
- Can you deal with bad interviewers? Common interviewer weaknesses and how to use them.
- Can you increase the chances that people will like you? Maximising first impressions.
Week Six: How do you build fruitful relationships? – Networking Online and in Person
- Does networking actually work? The benefits of loose ties.
- Are you using online media effectively? How LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter can help your career.
- Is networking just for job hunting? The social workplace and the power of relationships
If you have any question about application then please do not hesitate to contact us or reply in the comments section below.